I have discovered that a lot of women feel that they are inept to become a mentor. Do you know what makes a good mentor?
1. A woman who visibly lives her life for Christ
2. A woman who has a continual reliance on Christ
3. A woman who shows an openness about her weaknesses and failures
4. A woman who desires to give God the glory for her successess
5. A woman who hungers to share with others what the Lord has taught her.
God commands us to help each other.
Hebrews 10:24, 25 “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
1 Thessalonians 5:11 “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”
— Wouldn’t you want a mentor – someone who was willing to help you through a challenging or emotional time in your life? Be willing to be that someone for someone else.
Everyone needs someone. That someone could just be you.
~ Dionna Sanchez (firstname.lastname@example.org)